See below a copy of our last email communication to our customers:
Dear Homesteady friend,
First and foremost, I hope you and your relatives are all doing well. With families spread all around the globe and our Homesteady employees scattered on job sites, I am glad to report everyone is safe around us.
As California is getting ready to reopen slowly, so should your business. The world will not be like \’before\’, therefore we have to adapt. Remote work will likely remain in place for a while. But many businesses are about to reopen their warehouse, office or stores.
Contact us, we are here to help you.
CASE STUDY: Retail store sanitization.
For a 2500 sq ft retail store, Homesteady will send a couple of technicians for 6 – 8 hours. Our standard operating procedure includes wiping, fogging (hot or cold), mopping and thoroughly scrubbing all areas that are shared: elevators, food prep areas, door handles, you name it. The process is based on best practices applied during remediation projects and in compliance with all legal requirements. Our team will safely and proactively disinfect high traffic and touch areas.
Typically, we will:
- Pre-clean dirty areas before application of material.
- Wet the entire target surface, let stay wet for 10min.
- We will wipe or rinse with potable (drinking/tap) water.
- Move from the back of the store to the front of the store, working from top to bottom.
- Focus on heavy customer traffic and high touch areas.
- Mop floors, pressure wash the exterior of the building if necessary.
- Our products can be wiped, sponged, mopped, sprayed, misted, fogged, or foamed.
We use EPA-approved disinfecting products whose attributes align with the customers’ specific requirements (medical building, food service, etc). Our materials are registered with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). If you require an alternative disinfectant we can adjust to your needs and follow the applicable manufacturer’s recommendation.